- Someone called giving me a "case number" and telling me to have my lawyer contact them. Called back, rang and rang, then dead air.
- Kate replies to kateChecked another board and it's an IRS scam:
Total scam. Originates in either India or Pakistan. Block and ignore. DO NOT RETURN THE CALL!
See: http://irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/IRS-Reiterate ..
- Fake IRS trying to smam you
- Caller said they eyes worn IRS & there was criminal Charges against us for not paying taxes. SCAM!
- Call was a recorded voice saying The call was in reference to a law suite. Left a case number and this phone number that I, or my lawyer, needed to call.
- Got the same message with the same phone #. I called back and asked the guy with Indian accent: " When the last time you were in prison "
He immediately hang up.
- Ellie replies to Fed UpI received call on 03/30/2016. Sounded like a recording. Says you have a criminal charge against you. Gave case number and 206-204-9680 to call.
Said you must call or have my lawyer call. I called back on a different phone, blocked my number (*67). The phone rang, rang, rang, no answer. I hung up.